Friday, February 22, 2013

turn it around...

life has been a bit hectic lately. and pretty overwhelming, quite frankly. sometimes i feel like i'm going a million miles a minute, and still nothing is getting done. i hate that feeling. i've been trying to be much more conscious of the things that are making me feel like this, and determining how to stop feeling like this. i think i've figured out that sometimes we just go through times in our lives where we are going to feel completely overwhelmed, and that's just life. i don't know how long it will last, but i need to cope with it for as long as it's here. if that makes sense. in an effort to maintain some sort of balance and stay grounded, i've been focusing a lot on writing in my journal every night. each entry starts with something good that happened that day, or something that made me happy. it's kind of a good way to regroup. i find that writing down things that i did or felt during the day really helps me clear my head and puts me in a place that enables me to get more out of my nightly scripture study. if i wait until after, my mind is focused on a million other things, and my scripture study is virtually useless. this is just a method that i've found that works for me, do any of you guys have any other suggestions? 
i want to make sure and point out that just because things have been a little crazy, doesn't mean that i'm not still doing things to have fun. again-trying to maintain a balance. here are a few ton of pictures from the fun things i've done lately.
meeting parker for the first time!
funny faces with this cute little dude. 
90s dance party. mom jeans. 
superbowl sunday with the fam!
business trip to san francisco.
lumberjack monday. i won the costume contest, in case you were wondering.
the. most. awkward. date i've ever been on. ever.
always a good time with these gals. love my family.
laser tag!!
copacabana night (tracy-i need the picture you took of me and you!)
jazz game. third row. this will probably get its own post. coolest thing i've ever done.
i threw this in here for you, tracy. 44 oz. friday. before my week of no soda! :)
looking forward to a (hopefully) relaxing weekend. i have to play a musical number on sunday. wish me luck! have a great weekend.

xoxo-meg


5 comments:

  1. 3rd row at a Jazz game?!?! Can't get any better than that! Love the lumberjack photo, too! Sounds like you have been pretty busy with work and fun. Have a great relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention since I am not in any of your pictures. I feel like I am not in your life anymore. The pic of us at Copacabana is on my blog. You can totally steal it. Also... I look forward to your week of no soda... then you can blog about that experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. How have I not heard about this awkward date yet?! You'll have to fill me in next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan- You have been busy! It has been a while since I've been to your blog and I have loved reading all the things you have been up to the last few months. You are so strong and I love how you said you always start out your journal with something positive that happened that day- I might have to use that idea from you too. Thanks for all your thoughts and fun pictures! When are you going to come see us again?!

    ReplyDelete