and you realize that the conversation is quickly turning awkward and uncomfortable? yeah, for some reason when you're divorced, these conversations become the new norm. you'd like a sampling of a few of these conversations? great, you've come to the right place.
*disclaimer-if you or anyone you know is the person on the other end of this conversation, i do not mean to offend. nor am i offended by you or the person you know. i just think it's funny.
***************************************************************************************
co-worker: megan, i'm sorry to hear about your divorce
me: it's ok, thanks. i think i'll be better off
co-worker: yeah. so is it weird making out with people now?
me: well, i wouldn't know
co-worker: well, didn't you go on a date recently?
me: yeah, kind of. i guess you could call it that.
co-worker: and you didn't kiss him?
me: ......................what kind of person do you think i am?
***********************************************************************************
this conversation takes place at a wedding. in lava. where i know everyone, but not everyone knows what's going on.
me: hi (insert name here, we'll go with bob). hi bob!
bob: megan, you look great! marriage is really agreeing with you!
me: well, i got divorced
bob: oh
***********************************************************************************
you will notice that oneof these conversations took place at work. i work with a bunch of dudes. it's to be expected. again, i am not offended at all by any of these conversations, and i do not intend to offend anyone by sharing them. it's all in good fun. at the rate i'm going, i may have to make weekly awkward conversation posts. we'll see.
xoxo-meg
People are so weird. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have a blog! We have one too... because who doesn't, right??
sixthstreetstupor.blogspot.com ...if you wanna check it out!
P.S. I'm adding you to my list of blogs to read. :)
Oh Megan...I love you dearly! I'm sorry I haven't been keeping in better touch with you because I know you're so awesome and I only hope to be half as awesome as you! I'll be looking you up when I get to Utah later this year. Then you can tell me all of these awkward conversations in person! Hang in there with that. People can be so weird sometimes! Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteThose are so awkwardly funny. It's great that you keep light about it. Sure love you Megs!!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Keep posting these, they are funny! It sounds like divorce "is really agreeing with you".
ReplyDeleteBahaha! I love the one from Lava. Love you Megs! It's kind of ridiculous that we live less than a mile apart and we still haven't seen each other! We need to change that...
ReplyDeleteHa ha reading this made my day! Hilarious.
ReplyDelete